HERE YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWERS TO THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
Your question has not been answered? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +49 170 2020466
- WHAT IS THE WEARNESS?
the wearness is an online marketplace for ethically produced fashion, beauty and sustainable luxury. We offer luxury fashion from designer brands that take responsibility and do business with respect for people and the planet. Our three most important criteria are: good, timeless design, impeccable quality and sustainable, fair production methods.
To find out more, please visit the idea.
the wearness is a platform where different companies offer their products from sustainable, fair or local production. The Online Marketplace serves as an intermediary between the retailer and the customer.
- WHO ARE THE MAKERS OF THE WEARNESS?
- The team of the wearness introduces itself here
- WHAT BRANDS CAN I FIND AT THE WEARNESS?
Here you will find an overview of all brands and designers on the wearness.
Whether we include a brand on the wearness is decided on the basis of a detailed questionnaire. All companies commit themselves to inform us about the truth about their production and to inform us about changes.
The questionnaire that we send to the companies can be found here.
- WHICH PRODUCTS CAN I FIND ON THE WEARNESS?
The wearness is an online marketplace for sustainable clothing, accessories and beauty products for men and women. We offer luxury fashion from designer brands that take responsibility and do business with respect for people and the planet.
Each product is tagged with our sustainability icons - so you can easily understand not only what your favorite product stands for, but also what brand creates fair working conditions. Our symbols are: non-profit, environmentally friendly, fair trade, handmade, manufactured in Europe, organic, recycled, vegan, female and waste-free - the more symbols a product receives, the more sustainable it is.
- WHERE CAN I FIND WHICH PRODUCTS?
- On the wearness you have various possibilities to filter the products that you are interested in. You can use the product categories Women, Men and Beauty, which are subdivided into further categories.
Another option is to filter by the sustainability icons that are particularly important to you. For example: you only want to see vegan products? Then select Vegan under Sustainability.
It is also possible to filter the products by individual designers or using our search function.
- ARE ALL LABELS ON THE WEARNESS SUSTAINABLE?
- We have personally selected every product available for purchase on the wearness. We only work with manufacturers and designers who run their business with respect for people and the planet and who meet our three most important criteria: good, timeless design, impeccable quality and sustainable production methods.
Although sustainability has become an increasingly important issue in the fashion industry in recent years, it doesn't mean the same thing to everyone: Some labels focus on fair working conditions and wages, others on protecting the environment. Also traditional craftsmanship and the use of vegan raw materials have become core issues for many.
We use our icons evaluate a product. It is quite simple: the more icons, the more sustainable. The classification of the sustainability icons to the respective sellers is based on the information that the wearness receives from the sellers on the basis of a detailed questionnaire in which, among other things, the production, production routes and transport are queried. The icons do not represent recognised seals or certificates and do not meet official standards. You can find out more about our icons here.
- HOW DO YOU KNOW WHICH LABEL IS SUSTAINABLE?
the wearness has developed a detailed, legally binding list of questions. We ask our partners about production sites, suppliers, control functions and even the payment of interns.
In order to be included on the wearness, at least one of our criteria must be met. We are pleased when companies use our questionnaire as a way of rethinking certain topics.
You can view the questionnaire here.
- WHY DON'T ALL LABELS HAVE SEALS?
- the wearness works with manufacturers of all sizes. Small companies and designers often can't afford to have their products certified, as this can involve a lot of effort and high costs.
- WHY IS "HANDCRAFTED" SUSTAINABLE?
- With handmade clothing we want to offer sustainable and durable products and at the same time support the artists behind the products. Handmade fashion sees itself as a counterpart to fast-fashion and sets an example against mass production. In this way we protect traditions and preserve centuries-old know-how. All handmade products can be found here.
- WHY IS "MADE IN EUROPE" SUSTAINABLE?
- Whatever is manufactured in EU countries ensures that local labour law and environmental standards are respected. Transport routes are kept short and local activities are supported. Clothing "Made in Europe" minimises CO2 emissions and guarantees fashion in high quality and with social responsibility. All products produced in the EU can be found here.
- YOU SELL LEATHER PRODUCTS AND SHEARLING. IS THAT SUSTAINABLE? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF VEGAN LEATHER ALTERNATIVES
- We know, that animals are one of the biggest CO2 producers. But leather and shearling are mostly by-products of the food industry. We prefer it to be used than rather burning the skins. And on top it is a natural product.
- Vegan leather is usually PVC or polyurethane. Both are plastics that are not recyclable and release toxins during production. That's why we at the wearness decided to avoid vegan products made of plastic. An exception is vegan leather from recycled materials, e.g. Balluta or vegan leather from natural raw materials such as pineapple or mushroom leather.
- WHY IS "PRE-ODER" SUSTAINABLE?
- It is guaranteed that not too much is produced, but only what is bought. It can lead to longer waiting times, because each article is only produced on advance order. These products are always specially marked on the wearness.
- DO YOU CHECK THE LABELS AND THEIR STANDARDS YOURSELF AND REGULARLY?
the wearness checks its sellers by using a very detailed, specially developed questionnaire. the wearness does not personally check all production methods - we rely on the information we receive from the companies. The fact that our partners tell us the truth here and also inform us about changes is contractually recorded.
See the questionnaire here.
- DO YOU ALSO PART FROM LABELS AGAIN?
- Yes, it happens from time to time that a label disappears from the platform. That can have completely different reasons. Sometimes during the collaboration we notice that the ideas of the wearness and a label diverge more than we first thought.
We also separate ourselves from brands that develop differently in aesthetic or sustainable terms than we would have wished.
- WHY ARE YOUR PRODUCTS SO EXPENSIVE?
- If everyone who works on a product is to be paid fairly, a T-shirt cannot be cheaper than a coffee.
It is often forgotten what is involved: from the seeds and the farmers who produce the raw materials, to spinning, dyeing, weaving, design, cutting, production, shipping and finally sales.
Fashion today is often perceived as a disposable product since it is so cheap. We firmly believe that quality has its price. Our goal is that people will take a closer look at fashion, but also at the origin of a garment and its actual value.
Products that are fair, sustainable and not produced in masses have a certain price - and we have to be prepared to pay it.
At the same time we educate ourselves a bit through the price. The more expensive a product is, the more we ask ourselves the question: does it suit me, my style, my life, the rest of my wardrobe? Only in this way can we protect ourselves from unnecessary purchases - only then can we get away from disposable products.
- HOW DO YOU DEFINE LUXURY? AFTER ALL YOU HAVE THE SUBTITLE ETHICAL LUXURY...
- As the wearness we understand luxury in three stages of evolution. For us, Old Luxury refers to the luxury of objects and possessions. We see New Luxury as an experience luxury and the democratization of luxury concepts. NEO Luxury stands for sustainability and purpose luxury. Our selection of brands and products reflect precisely this last stage of luxury.
- Our focus is on sustainably produced fashion and beauty and the we search for the purpose in consumption. With the wearness we define the term luxury as NEO or ethical luxury. For us, true luxury fashion means being able to express one's personality through individually handmade unique pieces with outstanding workmanship. No mass-produced goods. Wearing something special to feel unique and individual. Away from all the mass luxury products that are becoming more and more mainstream today. Ultimately, we feature brands that stand out from the large quantity in the luxury segment.
- WHICH SEALS ARE RELEVANT?
- You can find an overview of all the seals and certificates and also the ones that products on the wearness carry here.
- HOW OFTEN ARE THERE NEW PRODUCTS/BRANDS ON THE WEARNESS?
- It's always worth staying up-to-date. the wearness is a young company and is constantly expanding its brand portfolio. That's why you can currently find new brands and products on the online marketplace on a weekly basis.
- WHEN IS YOUR SALE?
- Since many products on the wearness are only produced in small numbers, a lot of the products do not go into sale at all, but keep their price until everything is sold out. Other products are "never out of stock" - which means that they are not sold seasonally - and therefore do not go into sale.
Therefore, there is no seasonal sale on the wearness with an entire assortment reduced. Instead, we focus on the individual sellers and reduce the items only according to their instructions.
- HOW DO I FIND THE RIGHT SIZE?
- Our size chart will help you to keep your bearings. You can find it directly on the product page under the price.
- MY FAVORITE ITEM IS SOLD OUT. ARE YOU FILLING IT UP AGAIN?
- Most of the products on the wearness are made in small quantities. That makes them very exclusive and sets an example against overproduction. But it also means that popular products can be sold out quickly. Whether and to what extent a product is reproduced is in the hands of the respective manufacturer.
- WHAT DOES PRE-ORDER MEAN?
- Products, which are marked with the button "Pre-Oder", are only made especially for you after ordering. This means that there may be longer waiting times until your product reaches you - but also that overproduction is avoided and only exactly what is sold is produced. Products with the "Pre-Order" button are excluded from exchange.
- IS THE PACKAGING MATERIAL ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?
- We are working on it. In the near future, we at the wearness would like to provide the outer packaging material. This way we can be sure that only recycled or certified cardboard and no plastics but alternative plastics are used.
At the moment, the companies are shipping in their own packaging. We discuss the subject with the companies (it is also a point of our questionnaire) and trust that the companies deal responsibly with the subject.
- IS THE DELIVERY ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?
- This is in the hands of the labels, as the products you order are sent directly and without detours to you. We point out to the companies that there are climate-neutral shipping options.
- HOW DO I ORDER A PRODUCT?
- Ordering on the wearness is very easy: Click on your product to get to the detailed view. Here you see all information about the product's name, manufacturer, a description and photos. You will also find the price and the general terms and conditions of the respective retailer there. Choose size and quantity and put your product in the shopping cart. Once you have finished shopping, click on "ADD TO CART".
Here again all products are listed, you have placed into the shopping cart. If you like, you can adjust the number of products or remove products.
Before clicking on "BUY", you have to agree to the general terms and conditions of the respective seller.
Now you have to add your email address, your delivery address and choose the payment method. To pay you will be redirected to the respective pages of the financial service provider (PayPal or Stripe/Credit card.)
Please wait until the process is completed and you are back on the wearness site. Your order will then be displayed again, including your order number.
At the same time you will receive an email. In this mail you will find a link that leads you directly to your order.
Please note: the wearness is a platform where different companies offer their products from sustainable, fair or local production. The Online Marketplace serves as an intermediary between dealer and customer. The goods therefore come directly from the retailer.
- HOW CAN I REGISTER?
- You can register as a customer under Login/Register. To do this, you must enter your full name, e-mail address, address data and telephone numbers and create a password. All information must be correct and truthful and must be updated by the user immediately if the information changes.
However, you can also order something without registering as a customer.
- WHERE CAN I VIEW MY DATA AND ORDERS?
- If you have registered as a customer, you can view the status of your current order as well as all past orders and personal data at any time under Login/Register.
If you are not a customer, you can simply click on the link in your confirmation email "View your Order" - and you will be redirected to your order.
- WHICH PAYMENT OPTIONS CAN I CHOOSE FROM?
- the wearness offers credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and American Express Credit Cards) and Paypal as payment options.
- IS PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD SECURE?
- Your data is in good hands with us! Our encryption technology is always state-of-the-art. You can find further information on the subject of data protection here.
- HOW CAN I REDEEM A VOUCHER?
- You can simply enter your voucher code in the field on the right during the ordering process by entering your customer information. The voucher will then automatically be deducted from the value of your order.
- CAN I CANCEL OR CHANGE AN EXECUTED ORDER?
- If you wish to cancel an order, please contact our customer service at email@example.com. We will cancel your order if it has not yet been shipped.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the content of an order after it has been placed.
- HOW CAN I CHECK THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
- Simply click on the link in your confirmation email "View your Order" and you will be redirected to your order.
As soon as the product has been shipped, you will receive another mail with a tracking number.
Or go to Login/Register - here you can check the status of your orders at any time if you have registered as a customer.
- WHY HAVEN'T I RECEIVED AN ORDER CONFIRMATION?
- As soon as you have placed an order via the wearness and we have received your payment, you will receive an order confirmation.
You will receive a further notification by e-mail as soon as the item has been shipped. If this mail does not appear in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- DO I GET A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION?
- As soon as you have placed an order via the wearness and we have received your payment, you will receive an order confirmation.
You will receive another notification by e-mail as soon as the item has been shipped. If this mail does not appear in your inbox, please check the spam folder.
- WHY DON'T THE ITEMS COME DIRECTLY FROM THE WEARNESS?
the wearness is an e-commerce platform where different companies offer their products from sustainable, fair or local production. The Online Marketplace the wearness serves as an intermediary between dealer and customer. The goods therefore come directly from the retailer.
We have personally selected every product that can be bought on the wearness. Our goal is to offer you the best selection, so that you can buy everything comfortably on one website. the wearness shows for each product which company has produced it and at what price you can buy it. The general terms and conditions of the individual companies can be found on the respective product detail pages.
- WHY DO SHIPPING COSTS AND DELIVERY TIMES VARY?
the wearness is a platform where different companies offer their products from sustainable and fair production. This means that the goods are shipped directly from the dealer.
Each company determines the shipping costs itself, they can vary from country to country. The shipping costs are displayed in the shopping cart. The shipping costs can vary from product to product and are displayed below the sales price in the checkout.
Delivery times and shipping companies are determined individually by the companies offering the products. the wearness works together with companies and manufacturers of different sizes. Some companies need more than three days to prepare a product for shipping. You will find this information in the checkout.
- HOW DOES THE RETURN WORK?
- You are not happy with your purchase? In the footer (bottom of our page) you will find a menu item "RETURNS". Please enter your name, your email address, your order number, the designer, the product - and the reason for your return.
Please return everything new, unworn and with all attached labels within 14 days directly to the respective seller - and not to the wearness.
Please use the return label enclosed with your order.
Whether the postage for the return has already been paid is solely in the hands of the respective seller.
The revocation must be addressed to the seller with whom the contract was concluded. the wearness only acts as a marketplace or intermediary. The provisions on the right of withdrawal and the consequences of the withdrawal as well as a current version of the legal declaration of withdrawal can be found in the respective general terms and conditions of the seller, on the respective seller's page and directly via the links below to the respective seller.
Should there be any problems, please contact us immediately: firstname.lastname@example.org or +49.170.2020466.
- WHEN WILL I GET MY MONEY BACK?
- As soon as the goods have returned to the seller, your money will be sent back to you by the sellers immediately. As the wearness, we can check the process via the backend and, if necessary, follow up.
The money will be returned to you in the same way as the payment was made (PayPal or credit card).
You will receive an email with a confirmation.
If there are any problems, please contact us immediately: email@example.com or +49.170.2020466.
- WHO PAYS FOR THE RETURN?
- his varies from seller to seller. In some cases, the seller will pay for the return shipment within 14 days. Please use the return label of the seller which is enclosed with your order.
In some cases you will have to pay the return costs yourself. Nevertheless, please use the return label of the seller enclosed with your order.
Please help us to keep transport distances short and avoid unnecessary returns.
- TO WHICH COUNTRIES DOES THE WEARNESS DELIVER?
- At the moment the wearness delivers to all member states of the EU. Shipping costs may vary per country and per label.
- HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER?
- You can subscribe to the newsletter here.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. The corresponding link can be found in every newsletter sent. Alternatively, you can revoke your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org